Search

Friday, May 24, 2013

GM Dronavalli Harika(India):Video Biography

An interesting Indian Player





Interview With Dronavalli Harika
From Women's World Championship 2010

Anastasia Karlovich- What did you expect from the World Championship?

Dronavalli Harika- To tell you the truth I didn’t expect anything because before the championship I had a very busy schedule. I had to play Olympiad then Asian games for India on the top board. For three months I was not at home, either I was playing in the tournaments or had training camps. 

So I didn’t have much time to work specially for the World Championship. I came here without any preparation, so I was just working 3-4 hours before the game and used to come and play. I was lucky not to play with the strongest opponents. It could be Alina Danielian but not Tatyana Shadrina, Pia Cramling instead of Maria Muzychuk or Aleksandra Kosteniuk instead of Ruan Lufei.

A.K- Did you have somebody who was helping you during the tournament?

D.H- I didn`t expect anything from this tournament, so there was no point to bring any second. But till the second round I had a friend with me – Meenakshi Subbaraman. She helped me a lot - I didn`t need to do any work. 

For example she was cooking for me here. We had a rice cooker because I don’t eat meat at all.
(more)

No comments:

Post a Comment